The Juniors delegate will decide the best level of play for the new junior member. Juniors are reminded that their age may dictate the starting level of play. Older juniors, those 14 years and above, begin competition in C grade.
All competition players must be members of the club before they are considered for a team.
Only members will be allocated to a team.
Click here to become a member of the club
The club will select teams and submit them to the NSJTA for consideration. On occasions, teams will not always receive the recommended level of play. A team may be positioned higher or lower than anticipated. Individual members of a team deemed ‘too strong’ for a grade may be moved to a different grade or not accepted within a team. Therefore, teams will be submitted based on information from the coach, Team Managers, player’s statistics and the needs of the club. Once the list for the season is published, members of teams are not able to be moved or swapped. Please do not ask for this as refusal may offend.
Parents/guardians play an important part in the club and the junior competition. Players vary in age and so every player remains the responsibility of a parent or guardian. In the junior divisions, parents are required to assist with canteen duties about twice a season, umpire games and take their children to the games (home and away). Each team MUST have a Team Manager.
In the junior competition, parents are required to:
- Provide a team with a Team Manager
- Take their children to the games (home and away)
- Remain on site for the health and safety of their child
- Assist with canteen duties about twice a season
CLUB EXPECTATIONS OF OUR MEMBERS
When playing, we expect proper or standard tennis attire, including a tennis shoe on the courts. Players must wear Taylors Lakes’ tennis tops when playing competition. Our club is smoke free and all on the grounds should cooperate with the Club Delegate. Players and spectators must demonstrate an awareness of and compliance with NSJTA’s Codes of Conduct for Players and Spectators. These include rules about coaching from the side and how to handle problems that may arise from time to time. These can be found on the NSJTA website
and information about umpiring can be found on the Tennis Victoria website
. It is your responsibility to read these documents and adhere to them. If you are unsure at any time, please speak to a Team Manager or the Junior delegate. Failure to comply may result in your child’s team losing points or you could be asked to leave the venue.
Each team must have a Team Manager. Without a team manager, there will be no team.
The role of the Team Manager may be a single or a shared role.
The duties of the Team Manager includes:
- contact the team members and introduce self
- be the first person to contact from the club if there is question or concern
- arrange for players for each week of play by the scheduled time
- assist team members who can not play as allocated, to find a replacement player
- provide members of the team with contact details for all team members and a schedule of play, venue, etc.
- collect team registration money from each member of the team ($20 each player)
- complete the required NSJTA sheet for each match played at home and post it to the NSJTA representative [postage and envelopes provided]
- decide player order and combination from week to week and during finals
- attend a meeting at the start of the season to collect their information folder and ask any questions or voice any concerns
- promote TLTC activities and special events, such as Open Days, Dinner Dance, Tournaments, etc.